This item contains 10.2 oz (300ml) InkEdibles ChocoSpray premixed with alcohol (ready for use) in a Spray Bottle.
InkEdibles ChocoSpray Coating is a unique product intended for use in transferring edible ink images that are printed with an edible inkjet printer, to milk or dark Chocolate. With regular use of edible inkjet ink to chocolate transfer sheets, transfers of the printed designs look great on white chocolate, but they do not transfer well to dark or milk chocolate. Unless you use InkEdibles ChocoSpray ! Our ChocoSpray enhances the richness and brightness of the edible ink colors by creating an opaque background when transferring edible prints from InkEdibles Printable Chocolate Transfer Sheets to milk or dark chocolate. It can be applied with an airbrush, spray pump, sponge or painted on with a brush to your dried edible ink print before applying your tempered chocolate. We highly recommend that you use our ChocoSpray as a base to be mixed with a clear liqueur, alcohol, or flavored extract - as one would when working with decorating luster dusts - you can even add color or luster dust if you want to create a more elaborate background to your image.
The ChocoSpray Coating is also of use with our CakePro printers, which are capable of printing direct to food.
How to use the InkEdibles ChocoSpray with Chocolate Transfer Sheets:
- Print out your image on chocolate transfer sheets (in mirror image) as usual, and let the ink dry thoroughly (until it does not transfer or smudge when touched). Drying time varies in different climates (depending on the humidity and room temperature). Images with deep rich colors or very complex images will take longer to dry than pale colors or simpler images.
- Now, shake your ChocoSpray very and apply an even solid coat over your printed image with an airbrush, spray pump, sponge or brush while it is still on the chocolate transfer sheet. Let it dry completely (depending how heavy the coat is, it can take up to 1/2 hour). Then pour your tempered chocolate over the white ChocoSpray layer and let cool.
- Once your tempered chocolate is cooled and firm, slowly peel away the chocolate transfer sheet. The amount of time needed for your chocolate to cool depends on the climate in which you are working and which type of chocolate you are using. It is best to use the chocolate manufacturer's instructions and make whatever adjustments may be needed depending on what works best for your area. Some people find it helpful to refrigerate their chocolate while it cools and hardens.
- The results will be vivid clear colors on your edible image with a neat solid white background (or colored if you choose to choose to tint it) over your dark chocolate.
How to use the InkEdibles ChocoSpray for direct to Chocolate Printing (only possible with our CakePro printers):
- Shake your ChocoSpray very well then apply an even solid coat onto your chocolate. Let it dry completely (depending how heavy the coat is, it can take up to 1/2 hour). Then print directly onto your ChocoSpray coated chocolate.
- The results will be vivid clear colors on your chocolate with a neat solid white background (or colored if you choose to choose to tint it) over your dark chocolate.
Prices are in Canadian Dollars (CAD), and we offer 2 shipping methods to Canada including economy and priority shipping.